CBT for Addiction (5 CEs)
Time & Location
About The Event
This program is suited for behavioral health practictioners including psychologists, licensed counselors, and licensed social workers.
Program Level: Intermediate
Presented by: Thomas Workman, PhD, LPC, NCC, ACS
Continuing Education Certificate (optional) : 5 Hours
CBT has been shown to be effective in the treatment of substance abuse disorders. This workshop will review the evidence regarding the efficacy of CBT with substance use disorders. CBT offers an effective structure through which clinicians can conceptualize presenting problems and select interventions. Research indicates that the cognitive and behavioral interventions that are associated with CBT have a positive impact on reducing the risk of relapse. Specific interventions of CBT will be discussed and applied to cases.
1. Participants will describe the research regarding the efficacy of CBT in treating substance use disorders.
2. Participants will apply CBT to conceptualize the presenting needs of addicted individuals.
3. Participants will demonstrate skill in treatment planning through CBT.
4. Participants will demonstrate skill in the implementation of techniques specific to CBT.
Cognitive Behavior Institute maintains responsibility for content of this program. Social workers, marriage and family therapists, and professional counselors in Pennsylvania can receive continuing education from providers approved by the American Psychological Association. Since CBI is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education, licensed social workers, licensed marriage and family therapists, and licensed professional counselors in Pennsylvania will be able to fulfill their continuing education requirements by attending CBI continuing education programs.
- In Person Attendance: 5 CEs$70$700$0
- Virtual Attendance: 5 CEs$70$700$0