A Guide to the Inner Workings of Schools: Supporting Community Mental Health Service Providers in Navigating Schools
Time & Location
About The Event
This program is suited for behavioral health practictioners including psychologists, licensed counselors, and licensed social workers.
Program Level: Introductory
Presented by: Lindsey Venesky, PhD, NCSP
Continuing Education Certificate (optional) : 3 Hours
Cost: $35 (without CE Certificate) or $65 (with CE Certificate)
1. Participants will explain benefits of collaborative relationships between school and community mental health service providers.
2. Participants will describe specific processes and supports relevant to working with child and adolescent clients (e.g., psychoeducational evaluations, 504 plans, IEPs, etc.).
3. Participants will identify various roles within a school environment that can aid in clinical work with child and adolescents.
4. Participants will demonstrate skill in addressing potential challenges relevant to collaborating with schools on behalf of clients.
Cognitive Behavior Institute maintains responsibility for content of this program. Social workers, marriage and family therapists, and professional counselors in Pennsylvania can receive continuing education from providers approved by the American Psychological Association. Since CBI is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education, licensed social workers, licensed marriage and family therapists, and licensed professional counselors in Pennsylvania will be able to fulfill their continuing education requirements by attending CBI continuing education programs.
- In Person Attendance (3 CEs)$65$650$0
- In Person Attendance (no CEs)$35$350$0
- Virtual Attendance (3 CEs)$65$650$0
- Virtual Attendance (no CEs)$35$350$0