4-Day Intensive Workshop: Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy for OCD
Time & Location
About The Event
Dr. Thea Gallagher will conduct a 4-day Intensive Workshop in Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy for OCD on the following dates:
January 10, 2020 (9am-5pm)
January 11, 2020 (9am-5pm)
January 24, 2020 (9am-5pm)
January 25, 2020 (9am-4pm)
The intensive workshop will:
- Introduce participants to the theory underlying and the empirical support for EX/RP
- Provide instruction in the basic techniques of EX/RP to treat OCD in adults, adolescents and children
- Provide guidelines for how and when to modify EX/RP techniques to tailor the therapy to the individual (developmental issues, co-morbid conditions)
- Allow participants to practice the techniques of EX/RP under expert guidance
- Use excerpts from videotaped sessions conducted by experts to illustrate how to use EX/RP
- Include case vignettes and discussion of when and how to implement EX/RP
- Provide a certificate of completion
-27 APA approved CE credits available (optional)
About the Presenter:
Thea Gallagher, Psy.D., is the clinic director at the Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety (CTSA) in the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Gallagher completed her Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Gallagher joined the CTSA in 2014 after the completion of her clinical internship at Holcomb Behavioral Health Systems. At the CTSA, Dr. Gallagher currently coordinates the OCD treatment study, and is a study therapist. Dr. Gallagher also serves as the CTSA media coordinator. Clinically, Dr. Gallagher specializes in Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE) for PTSD, Exposure and Response (Ritual) Prevention (EX/RP) for OCD, and cognitive-behavioral treatments for social anxiety, panic disorder, specific phobias, and generalized anxiety.
Location of Training in Pittsburgh, PA to be announced.
Cognitive Behavior Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists.
Cognitive Behavior Institute maintains responsibility for content of this program. Social workers, marriage and family therapists, and professional counselors in Pennsylvania can receive continuing education from providers approved by the American Psychological Association. Since CBI is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education, licensed social workers, licensed marriage and family therapists, and licensed professional counselors in Pennsylvania will be able to fulfill their continuing education requirements by attending CBI continuing education programs.
- Virtual Attendance (27 CEs)$180$1800$0
- Virtual Attendance (no CE's)$150$1500$0
- CBI Prescriber In-Person$0$00$0
- NASW Virtual (27 CEs)$150$1500$0
- CBI Employee Virtual ONLY$0$00$0